• Advertising of your services on our website database. This includes your category of membership, the instruments and/or disciplines you teach, and a location guide for prospective students/parents to find your teaching services.
• You will receive our quarterly informative Bulletin ‘Presto’ via email 4 times per year along with the option to have it in hard copy.
• You will receive regular eNews notifications of concerts, social events and other opportunities that we offer or receive for our members as well as general news updates.
• Free advertising for sale of instruments in the Bulletin, via eNews and on our Facebook page.
• Networking and the sharing of progressive ideas on the teaching of music through workshops, seminars and conferences.
• Reduced costs for attending WAMTA conferences, seminars, workshops and master classes.
• Opportunities for your students to perform in the Student Forum throughout the year, which is a service arranged and provided by WAMTA.
• Free attendance at specific WAMTA events such as the monthly Student Forum and the Annual Recital and Concerto Competition.
• Regular organised social events to provide networking and mentoring opportunities for our members.
• Annual Minimum Fee recommendations and Studio Policy recommendations which may be helpful in setting your own fees and policies and which many teachers, schools and other organisations are guided by.
• Accredited Teachers are entitled to use the post nominal MMTA after their name.
• Advice, Support and Advocacy - we have a professionally staffed office, which provides readily available contact between members, advice and additional services.
• Plus of course, there is the benefit of belonging to an association comprised of around 250 members and managed by a voluntary Council which is working specifically for the benefit of its members and the furthering of the association’s aims.
All Accredited and Teaching Members are eligible to vote on matters at the Annual General Meeting held in October each year and to join the Council to have a voice on matters which are important to them and to the wider music teaching community. In addition we welcome a Student Member as a representative on Council.
• Coming soon!
• Access to the Members’ Only section on the WAMTA website to update your services and skills and to personalise your profile.
Download and print out the
Mail the form with the appropriate fee to
PO Box 4385
Your application will then be submitted to Council for approval.